Thursday, July 5, 2007

Eastern Spice Bonus + Clarification

First I want to clear my last post up a bit. I said I was reading the comments “with tears in my eyes and a silly grin on my face” I wasn’t in tears from my cruddy elbow, I was just touched by the very sweet comments that I had received, they really meant a lot to me. I did a little rewrite on that post.
Now the next thing I want to say is THANK YOU for being so patient in waiting for your Eastern Spice bonus. As I mentioned before, getting the web site set up for the quick pages you sent in was a LOT more work than I ever imagined. I kind of got side tracked with what needed to be done, designing the graphics and learning about all of the control panels. Grace has done a wonderful job, that girl deserves more than she charges, especially if you consider how many questions I asked her, Everything is all set up and ready for me to start uploading those beautiful quick pages. I am going to be doing it in batches. Today is the start of production week for the newspaper I do the layout and design for. I have 6 ads to design and another dozen to make changes to. We usually print in black and white but this month we are doing full color so that takes me a LOT longer. Hopefully (but no promises) I will have the first batch ready sometime Tuesday.
I think I am ready to move on from Eastern Spice, it has been a lot of fun to design and I could go on and on with variations on the paper, but there new creations floating around in my head waiting for me to put them on the screen. I hope these new pieces will make Eastern Spice even more versatile for you to work with. I made the alpha in “Hot and mild” again and I couldn’t resist making sone new papers. If you look closely at 04 and 05 you will see that they made like stain glass, they have pieces from 7 of the other papers and came about while I was experimenting with a technique, not the prettiest of the lot but kind of interesting. There is a cluster frame and I also have two bare naked frames for you to work on. I also included the beads in their original size for you to play with, I really like how they look and there so many different arraignments you can make with them. I would sure love to see some of your creations in the gallery when it is set up. I hope you will all come back for the gallery opening. Enjoy!



Here is the preview of the beads.



Links Expired