Friday, September 14, 2007

We Made it and a freebie

I want to give you a little update on our grand opening. We had a few little glitches but all in all things went well. I tried to send the newsletter out and it looked like it worked but I have heard from lots of you that you did not receive it. I did get it sent last night so it should be in your mailbox, I am sorry if you received it more than once but I am pretty sure that it did not go out to very many people. This was the only major problem we had and I am so grateful and relieved for this. You know how technology can be, it is your friend, until it turns around and bites your hand off…LOL.

We also had a few problems with three of the links, Brown Baggin #3 and Brown Baggin #2 from the Free with purchase set. I forgot to add the Brown Baggin #3 to the downloads so some of you got it with only 6 links and Brown Baggin #2 was corrupt. It was the last thing I added to the store and it was around 4 a.m. and I was barely functioning by then so it is not surprise that I hade a mistake. If you purchased this and had bad links e-mail me at stoneaccentsstudio@hotmail.com with "links" in the subject line and I will get you new links through 4-shared so it will be easy for you to get them.

There were a few people that made the qualifying purchase and did not add the kits to your cart, if this is the case e-mail me with your order # and with “Free with purchase” in the subject line and I will send you a coupon to get it. I have done this a few times myself and I know how aggravating it can be, I do not what you to miss out on this.

I want to give you a little warning about the quick pages from my past freebies, I will be removing them in the coming weeks starting next week so get the ones you want before they are gone. These are the quick pages from Feelin Wonderful, Butterfly Garden, Dusted Blossoms, Eastern-Spice and Infatuation.

It has been a long three-month, I have learned so much and I could probably write a book on how to open a store. It still amazes me how it all fell into place piece by piece. It hasn’t been easy but after almost 24 years of being a SAHM it is something that I needed to do. I have always been grateful to be able to stay at home with my children but lets face it, your ego can only get so much out of doing the laundry and cleaning house. After I shattered my elbow I could hardly even do a decent job of that. I am no “spring chicken” either, I never thought that at my age I would be able to work 14-18 hours a day and function on 4 hours of sleep. There were a few times when I was so tired and overwhelmed that I wished I could throw in the towel, but knowing that I had made a commitment to so many people that had joined me in this kept me putting one foot in front of the other. But now I know I can still accomplish what I set out to do. I was really surprised at how many of the women that contacted me for various positions who are disabled. It was so good to see that many of them have found a new life through the Internet and digital scrapping. It has given so many a new ways to express themselves and to interact with others, it really has opened up new and exciting possibilities. I am so grateful to be a part of this and I know I have found a place to call home at Stone Accents Studio.

We had a few unreleased pieces from the mega kit so I want to share them with you today. Of all the color palettes I have put together this is my favorite, if I could still paint walls and hang wallpaper I would redo a room in my house these colors. Scroll down to see a detail of some of the highly textured pieces. The freebie from my Family History kit is still active below. The frame in the FH kit it has “glass” in it, I debated about including the frame without glass but it would have added a lot to the size of the download. I would like to offer those of you that bought the kit the frame without the glass if you would like. Send me an e-mail with your order number and with “Frame” in the subject line and I will send you the link to it. Depending on the response I might just go ahead and include it in the kit.

We still have the brag book pages in the store for the scavanage hunt and lots of challenges going on. Some of the designers are giving ot freebies on their blogs also so check the out, the links are on the right at the top of this page. Thank you all for you response to the opening, everyone has been so kind in their comments, it is the kind of thing that just makes this all the better. Enjoy!
JulieO
stoneaccentsstudio@hotmail.com




To download the SAS Mega Kit Freebie click here
To purchase the SAS September kit for 40% off click here